Monday, April 21, 2014

21 DSD has begun!


<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12148995/?claim=rcd6ccm8r5d">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>


Hey guys.. Well, I started today on the 21 Day Sugar Detox (I bought the book by Diane Sanfilippo, fyi). Mid afternoon and I feel fine, seeing as how I actually haven't been without it very long, lol. I figure I'd share my stats and even my before pictures. Only those absolute closest to me have seen them. Even though I know there is something 'wrong" with me, I have spent several days/ nights crying because Im so embarrassed. I haven't gained weight like you would think by looking at me, it's just SO weird and frustrating. My clothes fit really odd now, uncomfortable. Surprisingly, I can can still get most of them on... Anywho, after I lost my baby weight from my daughters birth in September last year, I have been between 146-150. Since today is Day 1 of the detox, Im starting with todays weight and stomach measurement. First thing this AM I weighed about 149.5-150 and my stomach measured just over 37". So, I'll call this my starting point. In the book, she recommends not weighing yourself or measuring until its completed, which is going to be extremely hard for me as I usually do it daily.

Utilizing recipes from the book is how Ive started the day. I actually made homemade mayonnaise yesterday (it takes some getting used too, lol) and have all the ingredients for an unsweetened ketchup in the crockpot right now. Its "sweetened" with green apples. Which by the way, I realized as I was dicing them, I like them more than I remember. You know what I'm not a huge fan of though? Canned coconut milk. Now THAT takes some getting used too. I made a coconut milk smoothie this morning that consisted of the canned milk, a greenish banana, some vanilla, ice and some water. Well, it wasn't my favorite, but I drank it, took my supplements and went to the gym. Just a side note, I do try to go to the gym appx 2-3 times per week when I take my son to pre-school. I usually do some cardio and have been pretty much just doing ab exercises, but I really can't help but wonder if it's doing more harm than help to my already hardened stomach..??? On the plus side, I have not had any caffeine or sugar crash today and that is awesome! I noticed it big time yesterday, but I had also had the worst nights sleep the night prior, so it was totally a combo of the two.

Making more of the recipes from the book, I made a balsamic vinaigrette dressing. I don't know, maybe I'm weird, but so much oil in a dressing and thats all I can taste. Living in Italy, where no such thing as salad dressing besides oil and vinegar exist, I wasn't bothered by it. Odd. So, for lunch I made a salad with romaine, some plain chicken, some full fat mozzarella and some artichoke hearts with said dressing. It was a salad, so you cant really mess that up, lol. As long as I didn't eat a huge bite of oil-y-ness, it was good. I may have also had a few bites of prosciutto and mozzarella as well. OK, I did. I was really good. I think Im going to try an "avocado ranch" dressing recipe next.. Just a thought. Oh, and I totally just burned some cinnamon almonds. I don't even know why I was expecting them to be somewhat sweet, as the whole idea of "sweet" anything is out. Instead, Im eating plain ol' almonds as a snack.

With Dr Oz on tv in the background, I think I'm going to write him a letter about my issues and see if I might get a trip to the show. :)


Catherine


Thanks to tshirts and hoodies, I can hide it.. But it's going to be Summer soon! :(

It took A LOT of courage to put this up. Day 1 (After 2 months of this) of Detox. Here's to hoping it works!

I spend most of my time just sucking in so people don't notice, but it's pretty painful.

My daily supplies: Natural Calm Mag powder 2-3x a day, Miralax when I remember, 3 Magnesium gel caps per day, No Bloat digestive enzyme 2 per meal and 2 probiotics at night. 


Isn't salad SO exciting?? :)



1 comment:

  1. First off, you are beautiful! I wish you the best on the detox and it really does work. I had such a hard time getting through it but it was an amazing reset for me. I hate drinking canned coconut milk so I make my own. It's like like coconut milk and so much more drinkable. I have a tutorial on my site for it. All the best!

    ReplyDelete