Monday, April 28, 2014

Days 6 & 7

Day 6:
I really wouldn't mind some coffee. With creamer. No, not plain half and half or heavy cream. Like the pumpkin spice creamer that I've been hoarding since the holiday season. Or a Starbucks iced white mocha. Yep, that's gonna be what I have first when I'm done with this. No crazy sugar binge, just some coffee that doesn't taste like coffee. Oh, and a real protein shake with flavor. :)

Weekends should be fun with the cleanse/detox, when everyone is doing dinners and whatnot. Today is my nephews birthday party, which means a bbq. At least there's always meat at a bbq, right?

Breakfast without a smoothie meant eggs and bacon. Bacon is always a winner for the toddler. And anyone else awake that early in the house.

I went to Whole Foods to load up on the protein powder and prosciutto that is slightly less than $11.00, and realized that I was hungry. I figured I'd take a salad with me from there to the bbq to go along with my meat. I also grabbed some steamed veggies, cottage cheese and hard boiled eggs and ate those within about 5 min so that I could get on with my errands. Whole Foods salad and hot bar never really disappoint. Even though there's a nice little bakery cupboard right next to it and I totally could have gone for a fresh rice krispy treat. Or even the Paleo cherry almond cookies I noticed at the register. Nope. I was good. Although, I was MIGHTY tempted to get a white mocha with almond milk from their coffee bar and justify it that at least WF's is healthy. I did not.

Off to the bbq.. I had a hamburger that I picked up from the store that was stuffed with jalepeno's, cheddar cheese and seasoning. Since I didn't take my homemade ketchup or mayo with me I had it plain. It was good, but I missed condiments. On the salad I had some wine vinegar.. then looking it up later, I think there is sugar in it. While everyone had cake and ice cream, I was occupied feeding the little one and chatting so I was fine. I don't actually like chocolate cake anyways.




Day 7!!!
Go me! A week!!!! I feel pretty proud of myself..  :)
Since Ive done Weight Watchers before and their weigh in's are weekly, I figured it was ok.. My weight this morning was about 145.5, but my stomach measurement was still about 37. I am not trying to lose weight, so Im hoping I can stay right where I am number wise. I am a little frustrated about the bloating still being there, but I feel different. Better. And I'm sure it will take longer than 7 days to see the bloating go down. Which is probably why the author of 21 DSD recommends you wait until it's completed. She doesn't know my lack of patience however.. lol.

Since I got more protein powder I was looking forward to my smoothie. I made it as I usually do, but it wasn't as good for some reason. IDK, maybe my tastes are changing or maybe the bananas weren't as ripe. Who knows. Since I wasn't totally satisfied I added bacon. Not to the smoothie, just to my breakfast. Everyone else had some too of course.

Sundays in Utah mean big family dinners, so I knew I wasn't going to eat much beforehand. Honestly, I don't even remember what I had for lunch as I sit down and write this.. I did make some "ranch dip" using my homemade mayo since its just been sitting in the fridge. Added sour cream and spices and its actually pretty good. Dinner was awesome. Roast, mashed cauliflower (everyone else had potatoes), green beans and ceasar salad. All 21 DSD approved :)

Oooooooooh, "ranch" :)



Bomb.com



14 days to go.. wooooo!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment