Saturday, April 26, 2014

Days 4-5

Day 4:
Well, as the book says, you should experience face break outs, in addition to the flu-like symptoms, around day 3 or 4. Check. Luckily mine wasn't bad. I woke up hungry and in pain, but I think that's due to sleeping in the same bed with my toddler. His choice, not mine.
I made another smoothie and I'm starting to REALLY like them. Sadly, I only bought a little pack of the protein powder to taste before buying a big can of it, and I used the rest today. That was my breakfast really..
The day didn't consist of much besides hanging with the kiddos. Although, I did realize that I am starting to feel more calm when dealing with my little boy, and that in and of itself is Awesome!
My snacks continue to be the almonds or prosciutto and mozzarella. I've also added olives here and there. I realized I haven't had any grains really for the last couple days. Some are allowed in small amounts on the DSD level I'm doing, but I really don't like the "full" feeling they leave you with after you eat them. Lunch was another portobello pizza thing. I had to go buy more, I love them. For dinner I seasoned some shrimp in taco like seasonings, NOT from a package, and ate them with avocado, some zuccchini/parmesean "fries" and a salad.
My dad had a work lunch at Cheesecake Factory and brought his home... Yup, the red velvet cheesecake that's like 2 days worth of calories and Beyond amazing. So, I got to stare at that in the fridge (its still there... come on!!!). I had frozen banana slices...

Seriously?!?!



On to Day 5:
Being out of the protein powder powder, I decided I'd make some pumpkin pancakes. I did throw a few mashed up bananas in the mix to see if it would sweeten just a little bit. The paleo recipe I have is awesome, so I figured just taking out the pure maple syrup would be DSD good to go. The DSD recipe says to use some coconut butter with a little vanilla it it. OK, give that a try. But just in case I didn't like it I added a side of almond butter just in case. And some turkey sausage.


Well, they were pretty healthy tasting I can say that. I would not consider them a favorite of mine however. I think it's fair to say I should just stay away from all the raw coconut stuff... Unless its coconut milk/cream in an adult beverage :)
Plus side, my son ate the pancakes, but his had butter and syrup on them of course.

At the gym I noticed my body was pretty achy and tired, so I didn't do as much cardio and just did ab work until I was burnt out for the day. I know the body fatigue stuff is normal and is actually a good sign. On the plus side, today I actually went to the gym in a work out tank top though instead of a tshirt and I didn't feel gross and embarrassed. I left hungry.

Lunch was a big salad with artichoke hearts, olives, mozzarella and some prosciutto.. Starting to see a trend? LOL...



This afternoon we went to visit my friend, who just happened to be making cupcakes when we got there. Ughhhhh!!!! I really just wanted some frosting..

I didn't really snack today and realized that by the time I was starving at dinner. Trader Joes has these awesome little rolled up steaks filled with feta, spinach and red peppers. I'm not to keen on the feta, but it was actually pretty good. Didn't taste like feet like I remember from my childhood when my mom used to eat it. But, I don't know if I'm quite ready to eat it plain.


No cheesecake or cupcakes for me.. I tried to make a smoothie with the all ingredients besides the protein powder. No go. Apparently the powder actually has a flavor that makes it good... Dessert is overrated.. ???

Wow, it's almost a week down! Rad :)

Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment