Thursday, April 24, 2014

3 days in

Ok, so it's really not all that bad in all honesty. I was thinking about it, and even though I know could go for some gf goodies or super sweetened coffee, if I was told "eat whatever you want, one thing" I don't think there is anything I would really, Really want. Surprising actually. I do open the pantry here and there when Im hungry and think "there really isnt anything I can eat in here" so I just shrug my shoulders and have some more prosciutto, lol. Seriously, I could eat it all day. Which, like my husband pointed out to me, I really never ate a whole lot of it in Italy. I liked it, but couldn't eat very much of it. Strange. But there is an Italian deli in Salt Lake that has awesome stuff, so I got some there. Who knew good prosciutto cost $22 a pound?!?! I only bought half, lol.
I woke up again hungry, and actually looked forward to my new smoothie invention. Not sweet, but good flavor from the bananas. I could probably drink it everyday. So, I had that before going to the gym. Unfortunately my gym time was cut in half today due to trying to figure out my membership mess.. Amazingly Golds gym actually hooked me up and let me just do one more month since they know the military situation. Which btw, seems to be working out in our favor, and we "should" be headed to San Diego in about a month or so!! Im so happy :)
Anywho.. after the gym I was pretty much starving And was at the grocery store. That always equals a good time. I settled on a snack size bag of roasted almonds, and ate almost the whole thing as I shopped. And then a little more in the car. At the store I found these huge portobello mushrooms stuffed with mozzarella and spinach. Now usually, portobellos are on not exactly on my "like" list, but I figured Id try them out one more time. They were Awesome! I put a couple of pepperoni's on them (not sure they're exactly on the DSD...) and dipped it in sugar free pizza sauce. So good.



I kind of wanted the other one in the package for dinner, but decided that would be kind of lame. So, since "noodles" are always a go-to for my son, I made him some gluten free spaghetti and made myself some zucchini noodles ( I over cooked them and they were mostly mush, still good though) and threw together a sauce with plain tomato sauce, some stewed tomatoes and a bunch of seasoning. Of course the boy ate his up, as usual.. Complete with his mound of Parmesan cheese.. Gotta love toddlers :)

Zucchini noodles are awesome, but always super watery.. 







Of course I was hungry again at like 8, so I cooked up some bananas in some coconut oil with cinnamon. Worked for me. And my son liked them too, always a plus.

As I mentioned before about the sick feeling most people encounter, I did notice that I had a few waves of nausea, but they passed pretty fast. I was a little tired around that 3:00 slump time, but not exhausted by any means.
So far I'm feeling pretty good about this :-)

Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment